The National Domestic Workers Alliance (www.domesticworkers.org) organizes domestic workers in the United States for respect, recognition and labor standards. We work to guarantee labor protections for domestic workers by winning legislation at the state level, pushing for regulatory changes at the national level, through the International Labor Organization at the global level, and elevating domestic workers as key leaders in building a powerful movement for social and global justice. The Alliance formed in 2007 at the US Social Forum and currently represents 60+ affiliates in 19 states nationally.
NDWA seeks a highly detail-oriented, self-driven Development Associate to support a growing foundation and individual fundraising program. The person in this role will serve a foundational function and have an opportunity to learn about all aspects of our fundraising while helping to adapt and build systems to meet evolving needs, and working in an exceptionally mission-driven environment. The Development Associate’s key responsibilities will include overall coordination of the grants calendar and supporter records, sustaining our fundraising data integrity, as well as prospect research, support for donor cultivation and stewardship. The right individual for this position will be meticulous, have strong communication skills, and CRM experience.
Grant Reporting and Proposal Preparation
- Coordinate and track all stages of foundation grants, including submission dates, grant agreements, payments, and reporting requirements
- Coordinate appropriate program and finance staff to ensure timely content collection and submission of reports and proposals
- As needed, contribute to the content generation for grant proposals
- Consult and assist with data migration and cleanup project (underway, to be completed in 2019)
- Maintain impeccable individual and foundation donor records in Salesforce by entering gift data, grant requirements, donor/funder interactions, and copies of correspondence
- Create templates for and generate regular revenue and deadline reports
- Liaise with external database consultants to troubleshoot issues, customize and test new database features, and ensure data is clean and de-duped
- Prepare tax acknowledgements for donors
- Assist with donor stewardship (phone banking, thank you notes, etc.)
- Assist with general communications and updates including direct mail campaigns and preparation and dissemination of annual report
- As needed, assist in any and all fundraising-related tasks, including joining check-ins, supporting events and briefings, and funder queries
- Minimum 2-3 years previous employment experience in nonprofit development, including foundation philanthropy
- Knowledge of nonprofit organizations and development systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a high-performing team, in a fast-paced, experimental organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word (including mail merge), Excel, and Google Docs platform
- Knowledge of CRM operations and Salesforce experience a major plus
- Familiarity with the domestic worker sector and issues facing domestic workers and other low-wage workers a plus
- Agreement and alignment with NDWA’s vision and values
Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, and a two-page writing sample to this link. Please include a daytime phone number where we can contact you. This position will remain open until filled.