The National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA) is the leading national voice for dignity and fairness for domestic workers in the United States. Founded in 2007, NDWA works for the respect, recognition, and inclusion in labor protections of domestic and home care workers across the country. NDWA is winning improved working conditions while building a powerful movement rooted in the human rights, dignity and equality of domestic workers, home care workers, immigrant women and Black women.
NDWA was founded in 2007 by 50 domestic workers and organizers from around the country. Our national alliance has grown from this founding group of 13 organizations to now more than 60 affiliate organizations, plus three local chapters developed by NDWA in Atlanta, Durham, and New York City, and individual members from states without affiliates or chapters to join. To date, the Alliance is comprised of more than 70,000 nannies, housekeepers, and home care workers in 44 cities and 20 states.
NDWA seeks an energetic, highly organized and self-directed Executive Assistant to provide programmatic, administrative and logistical support for the Executive Director. The Executive Assistant will work closely with the Special Advisor to the Executive Director to support the Director in achieving her goals and objectives, including promoting timely, proactive and accurate communications, both internally and externally, about the director’s initiatives. The Executive Assistant will serve as the main administrative support for the executive office, play a key role in ensuring the Director’s effective use of time and engagement and serve as a liaison, in coordination with the Special Advisor to the Executive Director, both internally and with key external partners.
- Serve as owner of scheduling and administrative support for the Director to maximize time management and ensure strategic priorities are consistently met in a complex and rapidly shifting environment. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage the Director’s schedule, keep calendar up to date, work with Special Advisor to ensure thorough preparation for all meetings and speaking engagements.
- Field, assess, and respond to requests and inquiries from the public and from staff.
- Work with Special Advisor to prepare research and briefing memos for appearances and meetings.
- Manage travel for the Director and complete expense reports for internal budgeting and external billing.
- Maintain archives of Director’s assets, including speeches, presentations, photos, and other files, and disseminate to staff and external partners as needed.
- Oversee and implement digital security protocols for executive office.
- Support the Special Advisor in acting as strategic advisor to the Director. Digest incoming information to extract key points, compile and analyze data, and communicate tradeoffs to assist with decision-making and prioritization.
- Assist the Special Advisor in the execution of special initiatives on behalf of the Director as needed, including logistics, staff coordination, and aforementioned duties.
- Expertise, skill, interest and commitment in doing administrative work, including office operations, developing communications systems, travel management, expense reporting, digital security management, cloud and other online archival storage systems management, and use of HR systems.
- Skilled proficiency in Google Suite, including Google Calendar, Google Docs, and Google Sheets.
- Excellent attention to detail and well organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and tasks, excellent time management.
- Excellent relational skills: friendly, diplomatic, patient disposition.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations.
- Self motivated and a proven ability to work independently as well as in partnership with a highly motivated team in a rapidly growing organization.
- Agreement and alignment with NDWA’s vision and values.
- Understanding of issues facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities, and other communities of color.
- The candidate should be based in Chicago or New York City
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to https://domesticworkers.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=14
This position will remain open until filled.