Position Summary: NDWA Labs is the innovation arm of the National Domestic Workers Alliance. Our chatbot program currently serves more than 200K cleaners, nannies and home care workers. We are looking for a Research and Analytics Director as we grow the chatbot in size and scope, and to lead a new initiative to use the chatbot to conduct original and accurate market and working condition research.
About Us: Work for nannies, caregivers and housecleaners – domestic workers – is growing faster than most any other sector in the US economy, and yet domestic workers remain among the most vulnerable. NDWA Labs strives to make work better for domestic workers: Fairer. Dignified. Sustainable. Our chatbot program has emerged as an exciting solution to the problem of disaggregation and isolation in our workforce. In 2020 we will use what we’ve learned so far as a springboard to expand our audience, deepen their connection with NDWA, and rigorously test the chatbot’s power to bring workers transformative information, services and tools.
About You: You’re a seasoned researcher and analyst who wants to roll up your sleeves to help build something great. You combine academic curiosity and training, with business analytics chops. You love finding the story in data, and working collaboratively to test hypotheses and share learnings. You are rigorous about accuracy. You can translate research into lucid, compelling prose and graphics. You are comfortable with a hands-on role where you not only design studies but execute them, and help build and improve the team’s analytics platforms. You are excited to work in a vibrant, women of color-led start-up and social movement environment.
- 5+ years relevant experience in research, data strategy, and digital analytics
- Have served as author on published research reports, preferably in social sector
- Experience using statistical software syntax, and advanced quantitative and qualitative methods
- Ability to turn complex results into a compelling narrative for a non-technical audience
- Project or product management experience a plus
- Spanish-language ability preferred
- A commitment to advancing progressive social change